Are you a student (age 16 – 18) interested in learning about leadership, and exploring global issues, community activism, and American culture? Then apply for the 2023 Benjamin Franklin Summer Institute at Purdue University in West Lafayette, Indiana. The program takes place from June 24 to July 22, 2023. The application deadline is February 15, 2023!
The Benjamin Franklin Transatlantic Fellowship is an intensive short-term exchange program, created to foster relationships among young Europeans and Americans to build strong linkages and awareness of shared values. The four-week program addresses U.S. foreign policy priorities such as youth engagement, democracy, and civil society development, and economic prosperity. The program will consist of a series of lectures, seminar discussions and presentations, and a broad assortment of practical faculty- and mentor-led workshops. The coursework and classroom activities will be complemented by community service activities, site visits, social and cultural activities, and homestays with American families to deepen participants’ understanding of U.S. society during their exchange. The program will be hosted by Purdue University in West Lafayette, Indiana. Expenses will be paid by the U.S. government. More: Benjamin Franklin Transatlantic Institute
- Be born between June 25, 2004, and June 24, 2007 (i.e., be 16, 17, or 18 years of age at the time of the program start).
- Demonstrated leadership potential
- Interest in diplomacy, international relations, and public policy
- Maturity, open-mindedness, and independent thinking
- Sustained high level of academic achievement
- Demonstrated interest in volunteering and community work
- Commitment to apply new knowledge and skills in his/her community
- Ability to work in a team
- Tolerance and willingness to collaborate with peers with different cultural backgrounds