Event: There will be a march/demonstration beginning at approximately 9:30 am, sponsored by COORDINAMENTO DEI COLLETTIVI STUDENTESCHI (Student Associations) of Milan and province and by the Social Centers Cantiere and Lambretta against the Italian Government and immigration policy. The organizers expect approximately 1,000 to 1,500 participants.
Location: A march/demonstration on November 16, beginning at Largo Cairoli and ending on the northern end in Via Turati. The route will take the marchers through Via Cusani, Via Broletto, Piazza Cordusio, Via Orefici, Via Mazzini, Piazza Missori, Via Albricci, Via Larga, Via Verziere, Largo Augusto, Corso di Porta Vittoria, Piazza 5 Giornate, Viale Bianca Maria, Corso Monforte, Via Vivaio, Via Mozart, Via Serbelloni, Corso Venezia, Via Senato, Piazza Cavour, Via Manin and Via Tarchetti. (please see map below)
Actions to Take:
- Monitor the local media for updates
- Avoid the areas in the vicinities noted
- Exercise caution if in the vicinity of any large gathering or protest
- U.S. Consulate General, Milan, Italy+39 02 290 351 (24/7)
- State Department – Consular Affairs 888407-4747 or 202 501 4444
- Italy Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter