Location: A march on November 10 beginning at Piazza della Repubblica, ending at Piazza di Porta San Giovanni. The route will take the marchers through Via Delle Terme, di Diocleziano, Via Giovanni Amendola, Via Cavour, Piazza dell’Esquilino, Via Liberiana, Piazza di Santa Maria Maggiore, Via Merulana, Viale Manzoni and Via Emanuele Filiberto. (Please see map below)
Event: There will be a large march/demonstration between 2 PM and approximately 8 PM, sponsored by various organizations and committees against the Italian Government, the “Salvini Decree” and racism. Police may limit foot and vehicle traffic in or near these areas.
Actions to take:
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Avoid the area in the vicinities noted.
- Exercise caution if in the vicinity of any large gathering or protest.
- U.S. Embassy Rome, Italy
+39 06 46741
- State Department – Consular Affairs
by phone: +1 888-407-4747 or +1 202-501-4444
- Italy Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter