Event: At 6 p.m. on March 5, 2019, there will be a demonstration at the Vespucci Bridge in remembrance of a Senegalese national who was murdered there last year. At about 6:30 p.m., demonstrators will march in the area. Then there will be a pro-Nicolas Maduro rally on the corner of Curtatone and Lungarno Amerigo Vespucci. Approximately 400 demonstrators are expected and the police will be closely monitoring the event.
Location: Vespucci Bridge, Florence, Italy
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the Vespucci Bridge area during the demonstration.
- Utilize good situational awareness, to include keeping a close eye on your personal belongings.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- U.S. Consulate General Florence
+39 06 46741 (24/7)
- State Department – Consular Affairs 888407-4747 or 202 501 4444
- Italy Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter