Location: Milan, Italy.
Event: A sit-in demonstration is planned for June 24, 2020 at 6 pm in front of the U.S. Consulate General Milan to protest racism and classism. The event is expected to attract approximately 100 participants. While the demonstration is expected to remain peaceful, police will be in attendance. Pedestrian and vehicular traffic near the Consulate General could be affected due the protest.
Actions to Take:
- Heed instructions and review updates from Italian Police and government authorities.
- Monitor the local media for updates
- Keep in mind that even peaceful protests have the potential to become violent. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Embassy/Consulates may have limited ability to assist you if you are arrested or injured.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Maintain social distancing practices.
- Notify friends and family of your status.
- U.S. Consulate General, Milan, Italy
- +39 02 290 351 (24/7)
- State Department – Consular Affairs 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Italy Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter