Event: Approximately 50,000 participants will gather for the “People First” demonstration promoted by various organizations, associations, NGOs, and trade unions protesting against the Italian government’s fear and discrimination of peoples and against general themes of racism and fascism. This demonstration is scheduled for Saturday, March 2, 2019 between 2:00pm and 7:00pm.
Location: A large demonstration will begin at the corner of Via Palestro and Corso Venezia. The march will follow the route of: Bastione di Porta Venezia, Piazza della Repubblica, Via Monte Santo, Piazza Principessa Clotilde, Via Melchiorre Gioia, Via Liberazione, Via Vittor Pisani, and will end in front of the Stazione Centrale. (please see map below)
Actions to Take:
- Monitor the local media for updates
- Avoid the areas in the vicinities noted
- Exercise caution if in the vicinity of any large gathering or protest
- U.S. Consulate General, Milan, Italy
- +39 02 290 351 (24/7)
- State Department – Consular Affairs 888407-4747 or 202 501 4444
- Italy Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter