Event: Approximately 5,000 participants will gather on Women’s Day. The movement called “Not One Less” is protesting for women’s rights. The march will follow the route of: Piazza Duca D’Aosta (Stazione Centrale), Via Galvani, Via Gustavo Fara, piazza San Gioachimo, Via Galileo Galilei, Via Montesanto, Piazza della Repubblica, Via Tarchetti, Via Manin, Piazza Cavour, Via Manzoni, Piazza della Scala where it will end. This demonstration is scheduled for Friday, March 8, 2019 between 6:00pm and 10:00pm.
Location: A large demonstration will gather at the Pizza Duca D’Aosta (Centrale Station) following the below route and end at Piazza della Scala. (please see map below)
Actions to Take:
- Monitor the local media for updates
- Avoid the areas in the vicinities noted
- Exercise caution if in the vicinity of any large gathering or protest
- U.S. Consulate General, Milan, Italy
- +39 02 290 351 (24/7)
- State Department – Consular Affairs 888407-4747 or 202 501 4444
- Italy Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter