Location: Rome, Florence, Naples, Milan – Italy
Event: Numerous demonstrations are being planned for June 5 to 7, 2020 across Italy to protest racism. Several of the events are expected to attract large crowds.
Demonstrations are expected to take place:
- Friday, June 5 from 5:00pm to 8:00pm in Rome on Piazza Barberini
- Saturday, June 6 at 2:00pm in Naples across the street from the U.S. Consulate General on the Lungomare (Via Caracciolo)
- Saturday, June 6 from 7:30pm to 8:30pm in Florence near the U.S. Consulate General
- Sunday, June 7 at 4:00pm in Milan on Piazza Duca d’Aosta (in front of the Central Station)
Actions to take:
- Heed instructions and review updates from Italian Police and government authorities.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Keep in mind that even peaceful protests have the potential to become violent. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Embassy/Consulates may have limited ability to assist you if you are arrested or injured.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Maintain social distancing practices.
- Notify friends and family of your status.
- U.S. Embassy Rome, Italy
by phone: +39 06 46741
- U.S. Consulate General Milan
- U.S. Consulate General Florence
- U.S. Consulate General Naples
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or +1 202-501-4444
- Italy Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.