Location: Piazza della Repubblica to Piazza Madonna di Loreto, Rome, Italy.
Event: The demonstration is a planned march supporting the Syrian Kurds scheduled to take place on Friday, November 1, 2019 from 2:00pm – 8:00pm. The march will begin at a site located approximately 650 meters southeast of the U.S. Embassy with a planned demonstration route leading away from the Embassy. Groups of protesters may use the streets around the U.S. Embassy to access the starting point and program organizers are estimating the demonstration size to reach upwards of 15,000 people with participants being bused from locations throughout Italy. (See map below)
Actions to take:
- Avoid the area noted.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Exercise caution if in the vicinity of any large gathering or protest.
- U.S. Embassy Rome, Italy
+39 06 46741
- State Department – Consular Affairs
by phone: +1 888-407-4747 or +1 202-501-4444
- Italy Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter