On March 23, 2019, a march will begin at Piazza della Repubblica and end at Piazza di Porta San Giovanni. The route will take marchers through Via Delle Terme di Diocleziano, Via Cavour, Piazza dell’Esquilino, Via Merulana, Viale Alessandro Manzoni, Via Emanuele Filiberto, Piazza di Porta San Giovanni. (Please see map below)
Event: Beginning at 3 PM,various environmental protection groups plan a large demonstration to highlight the importance of climate change and pollution to the Italian government. The demonstration is sponsored by various groups. Due to potential security concerns, the police may limit foot and vehicle traffic in or near the areas of the demonstration.
Actions to take:
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Avoid the area in the vicinities noted.
- Exercise caution if in the vicinity of any large gathering or protest.
- U.S. Embassy Rome, Italy
+39 06 46741
- State Department – Consular Affairs
by phone: +1 888-407-4747 or +1 202-501-4444
- Italy Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter