JOIN THE YOUTH COUNCIL
U.S. Embassy Rome is looking for young people living in Rome between the ages of 18-26 to join the Embassy’s next Youth Council. Youth Council (YC) group’s primary focus is to advise the Embassy on youth-related issues and to design and run youth-focused projects funded by the Embassy.
U.S. Embassy Rome Youth Council
Youth Council (YC) is a State Department initiative, led by the Office of Global Youth Issues. U.S. embassies and consulates around the world have established Youth Councils as mechanisms to partner with emerging young leaders to address shared challenges and as platforms for policy input from young leaders. YC aims to strengthen a sense of active citizenship among the youth of Italy through leadership, outreach, and civic engagement. The Youth Council aims to empower Italian youth by connecting and inspiring change, raising awareness of key youth issues, being a forum to address their concerns, and for finding and implementing solutions. The Youth Council would serve as an advisory board for the Public Diplomacy Section on youth-related issues and the Embassy and its primary focus will be to design and run youth-focused projects together.
What does the Youth Council membership include?
- Creating opportunities for innovative young Italian leaders to meet with and exchange ideas with U.S., Italian and international experts.
- Devising creative, practical, and concrete solutions to the problems and issues facing young Italians today
- Designing and implementing youth-related projects funded by the Embassy including, but not limited to: international relations, diplomacy, American Culture, Social Media and communication, education, environmental issues, digitalization, diversity, equity and inclusion
- Training opportunities (e.g. fundraising, leadership, social media, project management)
- Meetings with the Embassy diplomats to discuss youth-related issues
- Participating in various Embassy events
- 1 year membership with the possibility to extend for another year
- Certificate of completion at the end of the program
Please note: meetings and events might be carried out in person or online, depending on the COVID-19 situation and additional circumstances, green pass will be required.
U.S. Embassy Italy will provide funds to cover costs associated with projects implementation. Fluency in English is desired but not required.
- Tell us about yourself (this in place of your CV/Cover Letter). We want to know about your experience, interests, and what unique aspect you can bring to the Council
- What aspects of the United States appeal to you as a young Italian? Why?
- Tell us about a problem young people face in your community that are you willing to tackle
- Tell us what campaign, initiative or project (e.g. social media campaign, event, project, training) you would organize with the Embassy using your existing networks.
The preferred language of the application is English, however, we will consider applications written in Italian as well. If you have any additional questions, please contact Raissa Brighi firstname.lastname@example.org