The Foreign Agricultural Service (FAS) is part of the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA). We provide information to buyers looking for U.S. agricultural genetics, bulk and processed commodities, food, and beverage products. We also gather market intelligence and offer market briefs to help U.S. firms better understand the local market. FAS offers some capacity building and other agricultural technical assistance programs, as well as provides technical expertise in international agricultural policy and trade discussions (i.e. food security, sustainability and climate change).
The FAS Office at the American Embassy in Rome has regional coverage for the following countries: Italy*, Greece, Croatia*, Bosnia-Herzegovina*, Serbia*, Albania, Malta, and San Marino.
* FAS Staff present in country
FAS can help you find U.S. agricultural product suppliers and register you as a foreign buyer of U.S. agricultural products.
FAS has information on foreign import requirements for the following U.S. products.
Meat, Poultry, and Eggs
Plants, Animals, and Animal Products
Processed Food and Beverages
Seafood, Fish, and Fishery Products
Alcohol and Beverages
Animal Feed and Animal Drugs
Information on Importing Agricultural Products in the U.S.
Importing in the U.S.
Sustainability Alliance Website and Factsheets
- Global Information
- Italy Information
- USDA Endorsed Tradeshow 2019
- Fruit Logistica (Berlin, February 6-8, 2019)
- BioFach (Nuremberg, February 13-16, 2019)
- TUTTOFOOD (Milan, May 6-9, 2019)
- TUTTOFOOD 2019 USA Pavilion
- Seafood Expo Global (Brussels, May 7-9, 2019)
- Anuga (Cologne, October 5-9, 2019)
- Food Ingredients (fi) Europe (Paris, December 3-5, 2019)