Message to U.S. Citizens: FVAP Voting Resources
U.S. Embassy Rome, Italy – May 8, 2020
The Federal Voting Assistance Program (FVAP) is aware of the impact of COVID-19 on U.S. citizens abroad, Service members, and their eligible family members, when voting absentee during the remainder of the 2020 election cycle.
FVAP is in communication with state election offices, the Military Postal Service Agency, and other federal agencies to bring you up-to-date information on state election date changes and mailing cycles. Due to the changing nature of the COVID-19 pandemic occurring around the globe, we recommend that you contact your local post offices regarding possible delivery delays before mailing your voted ballot.
Here are some important things to remember:
- Submitting your Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) early is the best way to help ensure the process goes as smoothly as possible.
- Using the FPCA provides overseas citizens with an option to receive balloting materials electronically.
- Using the FPCA early grants voters the ability to use the Federal Write-In Absentee Ballot (FWAB) as a backup ballot, if needed.
Actions to Take:
- Check the ballot return options in your state.
- Find your state’s primary election dates.
- Use our online assistant to complete your FPCA.
- Use our online assistant to complete your FWAB.
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and Messages from the U.S. Mission to Italy.
- U.S. Embassy Rome, Italy
by phone: +39 06 46741
- U.S. Consulate General Milan
- U.S. Consulate General Florence
- U.S. Consulate General Naples
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or +1 202-501-4444
- Italy Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates