B2 Visas – Tourism and medical care
The B2 Visa is for persons desiring to enter the United States temporarily for tourism, visit with friends or relatives and medical treatments.
Application procedures for B2 visas
- Complete the DS-160 online application available at https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/ and print the confirmation page (to bring to the interview)
- Create an account on this website: https://usvisa-info.com;
- Pay the non-refundable MRV fee online;
- Schedule an interview appointment with a consular office.
- Attend your interview appointment and bring all pertinent documentation:
- Confirmation page of form DS-160
- Valid passport
- One passport size photo for each visa applicant, including infants (see the “Photo Requirements” webpage)
- Documentation that demonstrates social, economic, and family ties to Italy. Such documents might include: original residence permit for foreigners, certificate of residence, family status, marriage certificate, contract of sale or lease of property, employment contract, last pay slips, tax returns, bank statement, etc…
- Satisfactory documentation proving the purpose and duration of the trip. In case of medical treatment please provide the following:
- Medical diagnosis from a local physician, explaining the nature of the ailment and the reason treatment is needed in the United States.
- Letter from a physician or medical facility in the United States stating the willingness to treat the diagnosed ailment, and detailing the projected length and cost of treatment (including doctors’ fees, hospitalization fees, and all medical-related expenses).
- Proof that the patient’s transportation, medical, and living expenses in the United States will be paid. This may be in the form of bank or other statements of income/savings or certified copies of income tax returns (either the patient’s or the person or organization paying for the treatment).
- If you did not select home delivery with DHL through https://usvisa-info.com, you also have the choice of choosing passport delivery through MBE. You may contact an MBE location as described below:
- If you apply for a U.S. visa at the U.S. Embassy in Rome: Via di Santa Maria Maggiore, 164, Roma 00184, Contact: Tel. 06 47824139 OR email. firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you apply for a U.S. visa at the U.S. Consulate General in Florence: Via San Gallo, 61/R, Firenze (Italy), 50129, Tel: +39 0554630418 email: email@example.com website: www.mbe.it/0288
- If you apply for a U.S. visa at the U.S. Consulate General in Milan: Via Moscova 13, Milano 20121, Contact: Tel. 02-2900-2245 OR email. firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you apply for a U.S. visa at the U.S. Consulate General in Naples: inform the Consular Section staff the day of your interview and contact MBE for payment instructions.
- If approved, the visa is issued within two or three working days. The passport will be then returned according to the option you select.
- If the visa is denied, your passport will be returned to you at the conclusion of the interview, along with a letter explaining the reasons for the visa refusal.