B2 Visas – Tourism and medical care
The B2 Visa is for persons desiring to enter the United States temporarily for tourism, visit with friends or relatives and medical treatments.
Application procedures for B2 visas
- Complete the DS-160 online application available at https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/ and print the confirmation page (to bring to the interview)
- Create an account on this website: https://usvisa-info.com;
- Pay the non-refundable MRV fee online;
- Schedule an interview appointment with a consular office.
- Attend your interview appointment and bring all pertinent documentation:
- Confirmation page of form DS-160
- Valid passport
- One passport size photo for each visa applicant, including infants (see the “Photo Requirements” webpage)
- Documentation that demonstrates social, economic, and family ties to Italy. Such documents might include: original residence permit for foreigners, certificate of residence, family status, marriage certificate, contract of sale or lease of property, employment contract, last pay slips, tax returns, bank statement, etc…
- Satisfactory documentation proving the purpose and duration of the trip. In case of medical treatment please provide the following:
- Medical diagnosis from a local physician, explaining the nature of the ailment and the reason treatment is needed in the United States.
- Letter from a physician or medical facility in the United States stating the willingness to treat the diagnosed ailment, and detailing the projected length and cost of treatment (including doctors’ fees, hospitalization fees, and all medical-related expenses).
- Proof that the patient’s transportation, medical, and living expenses in the United States will be paid. This may be in the form of bank or other statements of income/savings or certified copies of income tax returns (either the patient’s or the person or organization paying for the treatment).
- If approved, the visa is issued within a week. The passport will be then returned to DHL according to the option you select through your account online (home delivery or pick up at a designated DHL location)
- If the visa is denied, your passport will be returned to you at the conclusion of the interview, along with a letter explaining the reasons for the visa refusal.