B2 Visas – Tourism and medical care
The B2 Visa is for persons desiring to enter the United States temporarily for tourism, visit with friends or relatives and medical treatments.
Application procedures for B2 visas
- Complete the DS-160 online application available at https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/ and print the confirmation page (to bring to the interview)
- Create an account on this website: https://usvisa-info.com;
- Pay the non-refundable MRV fee online;
- Schedule an interview appointment with a consular office.
- Attend your interview appointment and bring all pertinent documentation:
- Confirmation page of form DS-160
- Valid passport
- One passport size photo for each visa applicant, including infants (see the “Photo Requirements” webpage)
- Documentation that demonstrates social, economic, and family ties to Italy. Such documents might include: original residence permit for foreigners, certificate of residence, family status, marriage certificate, contract of sale or lease of property, employment contract, last pay slips, tax returns, bank statement, etc…
- Satisfactory documentation proving the purpose and duration of the trip. In case of medical treatment please provide the following:
- Medical diagnosis from a local physician, explaining the nature of the ailment and the reason treatment is needed in the United States.
- Letter from a physician or medical facility in the United States stating the willingness to treat the diagnosed ailment, and detailing the projected length and cost of treatment (including doctors’ fees, hospitalization fees, and all medical-related expenses).
- Proof that the patient’s transportation, medical, and living expenses in the United States will be paid. This may be in the form of bank or other statements of income/savings or certified copies of income tax returns (either the patient’s or the person or organization paying for the treatment).
- If you did not select home delivery through https://usvisa-info.com, you must provide a Poste Italiane envelope (busta imbottita) size 25 cm x 34 cm with 4.80 Euro postage addressed to the location where you want your passport delivered. Please provide one envelope for each applicant, even if applying as a group or family. Please note that we do not mail passports outside Italy. Please do NOT provide a registered or insured envelope (busta assicurata or raccomandata)
- If approved, the visa is issued within two or three working days. The passport will be then, either given to DHL for home delivery or mailed to you through Poste Italiane ordinary mail, according to the option you select
- If the visa is denied, your passport will be returned to you at the conclusion of the interview, along with a letter explaining the reasons for the visa refusal.