E-1 or E-2 Vetted Company Application Process
If you are applying with a vetted company, regardless of whether you are applying for your first E visa or renewing, you may use the below process. Please note that an in-person interview in Rome is required.
To verify if a company is vetted please email us at RomeEvisas@state.gov.
Complete the Nonimmigrant Visa Electronic Application (DS-160) form. Please note that E visas in Italy are processed in Rome only. You must select Rome as the location for your application. You will also need to submit DS-160s for each family member accompanying you.
Register with the online Yatri system (https://ais.usvisa-info.com) and pay the visa fees for yourself and your family members. Please note that the application fee is nonrefundable.
Email your application and supporting documentation to the Embassy in Rome. Please follow the below instructions carefully. Incorrectly submitted applications will not be reviewed.
Electronic submission is the only acceptable method for E visa applications! The entire E visa package should be submitted electronically to RomeEvisas@state.gov.
Please use the e-mail subject line:
“Surname, Given Name, Business Name, E Vetted Visa Application”
Please limit attachments to 5 MB in PDF or zipped format; you may send “zipped” files if required. Do NOT send “linked” files, as we cannot access or open these.
All documents must be submitted in English or Italian, and should be germane to the case.
Applications should be submitted in only one email with four separate attachments, one for each of the following tabs:
Tab A: Table of Contents
Tab B: Forms
- DS-160 barcode confirmation pages for principal applicant and family members;
- Receipt showing payment of the non-refundable application fees;
- Completed DS-156E (PDF, 225KB) for principal applicant only; and
- If you will be represented in this matter by an attorney, you must submit Form G-28 “Notice of Entry of Appearance of Attorney as Representative” and should include contact e-mail address and phone number for the attorney. If your representative is not an attorney, please submit a letter of agreement between the applicant and the representative signed by both parties.
Tab C: Applicant Information
- If principal is accompanied by family members, marriage certificate and children’s birth certificates showing relationship to principal applicant;
- Principal applicant’s resume or curriculum vitae;
- If the applicant is not the business owner but an employee, please include a job letter from the company. This letter should describe:
- the business;
- the job the applicant will do; and
- his or her qualifications for that job;
- Signed statement from the principal applicant of intent to depart the U.S. upon termination of E status; and
- If applicable, please provide copies of any changes or extensions of status granted by USCIS (Form I-797).
Tab D: Trade or Investment
- Include the first two pages of U.S. corporate tax returns, showing IRS reported sales for the two years immediately preceding the application and the most recent tax return filed with IRS. These must be copies of the signed and dated forms actually submitted to the IRS.
Please assemble your email package according to these guidelines. Incorrectly formatted packages will not be processed. Do not include brochures, photographs, or business plans that contribute little or nothing to the value of your case. We evaluate hundreds of applications monthly. Please think lean and demonstrate your business prowess.
You will receive an email confirming receipt of your package. If your package is incomplete or incorrectly formatted, it will be returned.
For general questions on E visa processing or specific questions regarding E visa cases submitted, please contact RomeEvisas@state.gov. Do not inquire about cases that have not exceeded the current average processing time.
Once your application has been reviewed by the E Visa Unit and any requested additional information received, you will receive an email through the online notification system to schedule an interview.
After the interview in Rome, if your case is approved, you will receive your passport(s) and visa(s) through DHL on average of one week from the interview date, assuming no additional administrative processing is necessary.